Halloween Yoga

 Do Halloween and Yoga really go together?  For me they do!  I love to change the names of my yoga poses the week before Halloween- Uttanasana becomes "Bat", Dolphin becomes "Sea Monster", Crow becomes "Edgar Allan Crow", and there is no need to change Corpse Pose!  I always enjoy mood lighting in my yoga classes and it is easy to bring electric flickering candles and strings of Halloween colored lights.  I have a favorite bat patterned yoga shirt gifted to me from a friend and I have been known to add a little makeup.  So, yes, Halloween can certainly work into my yoga lifestyle!

Here is my yoga Halloween playlist.  I have been known to blast it outside of yoga class...

1. The Blob- The Five Blobs

2. Carmina Burana- The Philedelphia Orchestra

3. Cry Little Sister- Gerard McMann

4. Danse Macabre- Camille Saint-Saens

5. Don't Fear the Reaper- Blue Oyster Cult

6. Ghost Riders in the Sky- Riders in the Sky

7. Grim, Grinning Ghosts- Disney

8. Hall of the Mountain King- Mannheim Steamroller

9. The Headless Horseman- Thurl Ravenscroft

10. I Put A Spell on You- Screamin' Jay Hawkins

11. Main Theme from "Halloween"

12. Main Theme from "X-Files"

13. Night on Bald Mountain- Mannheim Steamroller

14. October- U2

15. Possum Kingdom- Toadies

16. Something Wicked This Way Comes- James Warburton and Diana Haunts

17. Sympathy for the Devil- The Rolling Stones

18. This is Halloween- Nightmare Before Christmas

19. Thriller- Michael Jackson

20. Time Warp- Rocky Horror Picture Show

21. Toccata and Fugue in D Minor

22. Twilight Zone Theme

23. Werewolves of London- Warren Zevon

24. Woman in the Wall- The Beautiful South

What is your favorite Halloween song or Halloween Yoga tradition?


Get started the right way with Yoga! Download for FREE “Top 10 List for Yoga Beginners.” Link https://yogatraveler.net/top-10-list-for-yoga-newbies


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yoga changed my life

What I Didn't Know about My Husband's Return

Top 10 Tips for Surviving Deployment